Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The faithfulness of God

Tomorrow is the day I'm heading out for South America (the country of Paraguay).  I've never crossed the equator before and so I'm looking forward to being in +30 weather in a matter of a few days!  On one of my last days in school before Christmas I went and visited the financial person in the SBC office to see how my financial support was coming in.  I had been praying and trusting that God would bring in the needed funds to make this trip a reality.  $140.  Well only $2360 to go I responded enthusiastically.  As I walked out of the office I was frustrated and confused about how this was going to work out.  Over the past few years God has been teaching me through several large financial commitments to be a wise steward of what God has given me.  I have to come to learn that the wisest decision regarding finances is to trust God.  Deciding to go to school at SBC has been one of the larger journey's of trust especially in the area of finances.  Having seen God provide before in previous years I felt quite confident that God would be able to provide again for this school year.  But by committing to go to Paraguay my doubt persisted that God would provide in this increased financial weight.
A week ago I was blessed with over $2360 by different people and a solid church community.  God has blatantly provided and for that I thank Him.

4 comments:

Curt said...

Don't ride any Ferris Wheels.

Pamela said...

hey stevo!! i'm so excited that you are heading out to paraguay!! I know that checking things on-line will be spaced out and few times...unless you live across from the internet cafe...(when i lived in Ca'aguazu,Paraguay, i live across from one!) May God give you the strength and joy to enjoy your time there!! It was an eye opener for me to go there in my life and the lives i interacted with. If you are anywhere near the EMC missionaries please send a great big 'hola' from me!! All the best my dear friend! pamela...aka...gertz

Pamela said...

if you meet a young lady named 'Lorena,' in Ascuncion please say 'hola' for me. i'm not sure what you are all doing and going but if you are going to help out at the emc church in roqol alonso in the cap. city you just might meet her! Take care...watch out for scorpians they like to hide in the showers!! pamela...aka...gertz

Manda said...

Hey, Steve, I really hope you're having a wicked awesome time in Paraguay. I kniw God will use the team in an amazing way. I pray for you guys every day, that God will use you for his purpose and give you the strength and the words to impact the people you need to. I can't wait to hear all the cool stories! It's weird having both you AND Karen not here, I guess I kinda miss you guys :P But I'll get over it :] As long as you come back in one piece, that is ... sorry, bad pun. Keep your stick on the ... erm ... sand?