Monday, January 07, 2008

Soccer under the blazing sun

I don't think that I have ever been so tired in my life. Portaging
canoes, clearing trails at camp or running in Manitoba Marathon relay.
Playing soccer with the guys here in Paraguay was a crash course on
seeing how I could sweat out all my fluids in a 2 minutes flat. But I
scored a goal. Two games of basketball later I was destroyed. Wow,
it's been a great couple of days in the beautiful country of Paraguay.
We have been spending the majority of our time with the church here
in Paraguay and have received incredible fulfillment from interacting
through broken Spanish. Thank you so much for praying, I think I'm up
for preaching this next Sunday and drama's we'd prepared have been
going better than expected. I've really appreciated hanging out with
the missionary kids especially a young man named Giovanni who plays on
Paraguay's national soccer team. It will probably be a few days until
I will be able to post again. Check out www.sbcollege.ca for more
updates.

No comments: